There is only me and her, and she is me.
It’s all we’ve ever claimed to be.
She and I are one in the same,
Except we are different every now and again.
In the shadows of the mind we share,
All our secrets are laid bare.
There’s not much room, it’s getting cramped
Just when we felt the urge to dance
Suffocating- pressed together
Clouds are brewing. Stormy weather.
We don’t get along, her and I.
I’m not sure why we even try.
I want her out but when she’s gone
Will I be able to soldier on?
What if she’s thinking the same as me?
I can’t afford to wait and see.
Perhaps it’s better we share a brain,
That way we’re both safe, sheltered from pain.
Despite our differences we are both strong,
And we’ve endured for ever so long
Shunned, feared and wholly rejected,
The reaction is not quite what we expected.
They are not ready for us, conjoined and double.
They see torment, broken, crazy and trouble.
Us, copyright of Lucy Holland 24.01.2016
No comments:
Post a Comment